In-Aruba Travel Portal

Holiday events

More
14 years 8 months ago #1865 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Holiday events
bethoven wrote:

I think, every country does celebrate Christmas. It could be the most especial celebration in the Aruba. I was just curious, what does Gaita mean, Millionaireman?

Whoa whoa whoa! I just like to mention for your own safety. Not every country celebrates Christmas so becareful, you might offend somebody's religion in their country. The Muslims for example? There was a case where a Muslim killed someone celebrating Christmas on their country. For them, sometimes, its an abomination.

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1866 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Holiday events
crystal wrote:

Of course yes. They surely celebrates Christmas.
80% of population in Aruba are Roman Catholic.

Really? I didn't know 80% of their population was Roman Catholic since I see there are many races with them. Aruba is popular for their terrain as you well know.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #1958 by millionaireman
Replied by millionaireman on topic RE:Holiday events
nakchura wrote:

The Aguinaldo? I've never heard of that even before? What do they celebrate on that event millionaireman?

I haven't experienced the Aguinaldo yet. Someone told me this is similar to Christmas caroling wherein they would visit houses to sing and tell the story of Christ. In our country, Aguinaldo means gift. Anyway, do you have similar practices like this one?:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2487 by brandy
Replied by brandy on topic RE:Holiday events
I'm quite new to Aruba and I haven't heard much about their holiday celebrations. Is majority of the locals Catholic? If they are then, most probably they spend Christmas.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2512 by bethoven
Replied by bethoven on topic RE:Holiday events
nakchura wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa! I just like to mention for your own safety. Not every country celebrates Christmas so becareful, you might offend somebody's religion in their country. The Muslims for example? There was a case where a Muslim killed someone celebrating Christmas on their country. For them, sometimes, its an abomination.

Really? Anyway, I almost forgot about the Muslims. They don't celebrate Christmas like the Catholics. :o What could be the other religion in Aruba? Do they have Christians too?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2534 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Holiday events
nakchura wrote:

I agree. You can't assume that every country celebrates Christmas. Christmas is supposed to be a religious holiday, so those who don't believe in Christ usually don't celebrate it. There are some Christians who don't celebrate Christmas.

None

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds