In-Aruba Travel Portal

Aruban birds

More
14 years 8 months ago #2389 by hirami
Replied by hirami on topic RE:Aruban birds
This bird seems to really be loved by the people of the island. Is it protected by law?

None

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2415 by maui
Replied by maui on topic RE:Aruban birds
Do they treat their birds like a domesticated animals? I mean, in other countries, they have a bird pet at there house. Does Aruban also like them?:)

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2439 by crystal
Replied by crystal on topic RE:Aruban birds
I've seen many sooty terns, black noddies, and brown noddies in Aruba island. It's really cool to see a colony of birds near the sea. Have you visited Bubali Birds sanctuary? It's a perfect place to bring your kids. Try it!

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2440 by nakchura
Replied by nakchura on topic RE:Aruban birds
reymartin69 wrote:

There are small birds and large birds in Aruba. But what got my attention is the Aruban Burrowing owl. The people of Aruba just loved this bird. They have engrave it on their coins and put it on their stamps.

They even engraved in on their coins? Wow! What is so special about it? DO you also know?

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2441 by nakchura
habagat wrote:

I think we would be able to see different types of birds in Aruba. There could be small, big and colorful one. Among the birds, I would like to see the endangered species. Do you think the island has these birds?

I hope not.

None

More
14 years 8 months ago #2442 by nakchura
oregano wrote:

I am also interested in knowing if the birds are easy to see or if they stay hidden? Where I live there used to be lots of birds all over the places, but with cities growing now I only see pidgeons and sparrows...

Ouch! That must have been pretty rough. Where do you live anyway?

None

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds